Friday, November 22nd is opening day for Wilmot Mountain, located just across the state line border in Wisconsin. With an earlier opening this year, the ski resort is set to welcome skiers, snowboarders, and tubers alike to enjoy the winter sport season.
“Ideal cold temperatures have set us up for a great start to the season and there’s a lot to look forward to at Wilmot Mountain this winter,” says Peter Disch, General Manager of Wilmot Mountain. “Our new ski programs and action-packed line-up of seasonal events provide the perfect backdrop for families and friends to come together and enjoy winter. We are excited to introduce newcomers to the sport as well as welcome back our regulars.”
The hill will be open on Friday from 4pm – 9pm and will feature a banner break, giveaways, free samples, live music, and a photo booth. Not to mention skiing and snowboarding!
Wilmot Mountain boasts 120 skiable acres, 23 unique trails, five chairlifts, a standout terrain park, a 22-lane tubing area and a state-of-the-art ski school, as well as variety of programming for children and adults, and three restaurants within the resort.
SIGNATURE SPECIAL EVENTS
· Ski & Dine with Santa & Mrs. Claus – December 19 – 20, 2019
· NEW: Kid’s New Year’s Eve Bash – December 31, 2019
· Ski & Dine with Elvis! – January 8, 2020
· NEW: Super Hero’s Day – January 12, 2020
· Chairlift Speed Dating – February 9, 2020
· NEW: Leap Year Party & Mogul Mash – February 29, 2020
· Spring Fling Party – March 8, 2020
· Go Green Party – March 16, 2020
· NEW: Free Coffee Fridays for the first 50 people at Ski Hill Grill – January 3, February 7 and March 6, 2020
· NEW: Live Acoustic Music at Walt’s Tavern – December 27, 2019, and January 3, 10 and 24, February 7 and 21, and March 6, 2020
As Wilmot Mountain enters its 82nd season, the resort continues to elevate the guest experience to create fun, accessible and affordable memories for all ages. The renowned ski school programs allow beginners and seasoned regulars to build a worthwhile foundation for the sport, offering private and group lessons for both children and adults, and multi day-or-week programs, specialty camps and youth race development programs. Signature programs include the Ready to Ski/Ready to Ride program (8+), a multi-week instruction program for beginners that allows skiers/riders to take home a free pair of skis or a snowboard at the completion of the course, along with Bunny Hill Basics, a single-session beginner ski program (13+) including a one-hour ski instruction, lift ticket and ski rental for $59. Full details on Wilmot’s programs can be found here.