Wilmot Mountain, a long-time favorite Midwest ski destination, opened on Saturday. In addition to welcoming guests back to the ski slopes, Wilmot Mountain is celebrating its 80th anniversary season with even more improvements and new events.
Last season, Wilmot Mountain unveiled more than $13 million worth of improvements by new owner Vail Resorts and continues their commitment to excellence this season. Wilmot Mountain is conveniently located in Wisconsin just 45 miles north of Chicago and 30 miles south of Milwaukee on the Illinois/Wisconsin border.
Additions this season include the new “Learn to Ride/Learn to Ski” program from Wilmot Mountain’s Ski & Snowboard School which introduces guests to skiing and snowboarding and providing them with the equipment to begin their lifelong passion of snow sports. First time skiers and snowboarders ages seven and older will experience Wilmot Mountain’s outstanding multi-week instructional program and upon completion of the program take home FREE skis and snowboards. Other new additions include a brand new lunch and dinner menu at the full-service restaurant Walt’s Tavern, Trivia night every Wednesday, weekly live and local music in the main lodge as well as a Terrain Park Tip with the Park Crew at 6 p.m. on Friday’s.
The 2017-2018 event line-up includes:
- Ski with Santa, Dec. 17
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks & Celebration, Dec. 31
- Terrain Park Competitions on Jan. 6, Jan. 25, Feb. 10 and March 3
- TIWELL (This is What Epic Looks Like), Jan. 27
- 80th Season Celebration, Feb. 10
- Spring Fling, March 10
“We are excited to welcome our guests back to experience our amazing amenities here at Wilmot Mountain and invite everyone to help us celebrate 80 years of winter fun in Wisconsin!” – Taylor Ogilvie, General Manager
New this Year:
Vail Resorts recent improvements completed fall of 2016 at Wilmot Mountain encompass every aspect of the guest experience, from the terrain and lifts, to base area facilities and snowmaking technology:
- New Lifts.Three new four-person chairlifts, a new high-speed rope tow in the terrain park, and two new surface conveyor lifts in the beginner area have been added. These additions have increased uphill capacity by up to 45 percent, allowing skiers and snowboarders more time on the slopes.
- Base Area Transformation.The entire base lodge has been transformed and modernized along with an upgrade to the mountain dining offerings to accommodate more guests. In addition, the facility added 400 seats – which more than doubles room for families, groups and adults. In addition, guests will enjoy signature cocktails at the new bar as well as Wi-Fi throughout the space. Approaching completion, The Iron Kettle restaurant will be completely redesigned, and re-named Walt’s Tavern after the founder of Wilmot Mountain, Walter Stopa, and will include a new lounge where parents will be able to watch their children ski and snowboard and enjoy a full-service bar and food service in an energized, comfortable setting.
- Expanded State-of-the-Art Snowmaking.Significant improvements to the snowmaking infrastructure have increased the snowmaking capacity and allow Wilmot Mountain to open this season with substantial terrain and offer better snow surface conditions throughout the season. More than four miles of new snowmaking pipe and 56 new snowmaking guns have been added.
- New Kids’ Ski and Snowboard School and Enhanced Beginner Area.The learning terrain has been completely re-graded to be more accessible for beginners, including two new surface conveyor lifts. A dedicated and state-of-the-art children’s ski and snowboard center has been built adjacent to the learning terrain at the base of the ski area, featuring a playful open space for kids along with their own lunch and break rooms.
- New Terrain Park and High-Speed Rope Tow.A newly expanded terrain park offers unique and innovative features designed and created by terrain park staff at Vail Resorts’ western resorts. The addition of a new high-speed rope tow enables skiers and snowboarders to spend more time in the terrain park.
2017-2018 Ticket Options for Wilmot Skiers and Snowboarders:
- Wilmot Mountain Single Day Tickets:Daily tickets can be purchased both on site and online. Monday through Thursday, full day lift tickets will run $54 for adults and $49 for children and seniors. Friday through Sunday and holidays, prices will be $64 for adults and $59 for children and seniors. For same-day tickets purchased after 3 p.m., all ticket prices drop $5 off the respective prices listed above.
- Wilmot Mountain’s Preferred Program:Join the Preferred Program to enjoy local savings in addition to savings at Vail Resorts’ Western ski resorts. Preferred Program participants will save $5 daily on each lift ticket, can skip the line with online access, and can deduct the full value of their daily Wilmot Mountain lift ticket from the price of a lift ticket at any of the eight Epic Resorts out West in Colorado, Utah and Tahoe. Guests will need to sign up at Guests Services for the free program.
- NEW this season, the Wilmot Mountain 3-Pack. For a limited time only, guests can enjoy three times the fun for less than the price of two visits! Guests can enjoy 3 times the fun for the price of 2 visits! For just $119 adults/$99 child & senior, guests purchase two days of skiing/riding at Wilmot this season and get their third day free. Purchase your holiday three pack and allow your friends and family to keep embracing winter all season long! For complete details, visit: wilmotmountain.com