In less than 2 weeks, Chicago is slated to move into “Phase 3” of Restore Illinois, our state’s reopening plan. This plan was revealed last week and left lots of unanswered questions for everyone. Today, Governor Pritzker clarified some key allowances in phase 3.
Here are the big ones:
- Outdoor seating will be allowed for restaurants and bars
- All gatherings of 10 or fewer will be allowed – this includes running groups, boating, camping, and indoor/outdoor tennis facilities
- Golf foursomes will be allowed to start on the same tee-times
- Golf carts will be permitted with 1 person per cart or 2 from the same household
- All state parks and concessions can reopen
- Gyms: one on one personal training indoors and outdoor fitness classes of 10 or less will be allowed
- All retail stores can reopen to in-person shopping with IDPH safety precautions and capacity limits
So, to recap, we can run in groups of less than 10 again. Our gyms can reopen, as long as they follow the new guidelines. And, our running stores can reopen!
The Governor noted that local governments are able to develop stricter guidelines, if they feel it is necessary to protect the safety of their residents. So, Chicago athletes, let’s be smart and adhere to social distancing, while enjoying these new freedoms!