On Saturday, the Brewers held its annual Milwaukee Brewers Mini-Marathon which featured a half marathon, 10K and 5K distance. Even as a Cubs fan, this race is such a fun one to participate in.
The race starts and finishes in the parking lot of Miller Park in Milwaukee. There are lots of free parking opportunities and many race volunteers who helped move everyone along early in the morning.
The different race distances had staggered start times beginning at 7 a.m. With over a thousand runners, this was important to keep the course clear.
The race made a loop through the downtown Milwaukee commercial area and residential streets. Runners passed cute downtown bars, coffee shops and restaurants. We also wound through neighborhoods and even ran through the parks system.
Aid stations were placed throughout and course volunteers were readily available to help with anything anyone needed. It was a cool morning with temperatures in the lower 60’s, making for great fall running weather.
During everyone’s last mile, we were routed into Miller Park and had the opportunity to run the baseline. Runners were even featured on the Jumbo Tron screen as they made their way past first base.
All runners received a short sleeved technical T-shirt and a giant medal. Runners also got a bobble head doll featuring a Milwaukee Brewers player. I got Lorenzo Cain! All participants received a voucher to attend a Milwaukee Brewers game for free in April or May of 2019.
This race is well organized and provides a very scenic course, with a few hills to keep things challenging. Even if you are a Cubs or Sox fan, you will enjoy this race!
Half Marathon Women
- Amanda Robotti – Minneapolis, MN (1:30:23)
- Shawn Johnson – Muskego, WI (1:31:49)
- Michelle Lanouette – Milwaukee, WI (1:32:20)
Half Marathon Men
- Grant Mickesh – Milwaukee, WI (1:22:24)
- Ryan Michalski – Delafield, WI (1:22:35)
- Mark Moldenhauer – Milwaukee, WI (1:22:37)
- Victoria Paulson – Sun Prairie, WI (42:07)
- Kimberly DeBiasse – Menomonee Falls, WI (42:21)
- Sara Hess – Kohler, WI (42:25)
- Lawrence Welsh, Jr. – Waukesha, WI (35:31)
- Joshua Solorio – Milwaukee, WI (36:48)
- Ben Lamers – Naperville, IL (38:26)
- Nele Marit-Sophie Prueser – Hellwege Germany (20:27)
- Jackie Giacalone – Hartland, WI (21:01)
- Diana Lammers – Menomonee Falls, WI (21:50)
- Terry German – Milwaukee, WI (17:56)
- Dylan Widmer – Menomonee Falls, WI (19:21)
- Brandon Jones – Sun Prairie, WI (19:24)