Today the Bank of America Chicago Marathon announced that it will start accepting runner applications for the 2019 event on Tuesday, October 23 at chicagomarathon.com.
”Yesterday, we saw 44,571 runners cross the finish line in Grant Park. Each runner with their own motivation, their own story and their own reason why,” said Bank of America Chicago Marathon Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski. “As we look forward to 2019, we are excited to welcome the next class of runners to the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.”
Registration will be conducted through a system of guaranteed entry options (starting October 23) as well as through a non-guaranteed entry drawing. Individuals unable to meet the criteria for a guaranteed entry may apply through the non-guaranteed entry drawing that will open on Tuesday, October 30. Runners will have until Thursday, November 29 to apply for either a guaranteed or non-guaranteed entry. The cost of an entry is $205 for United States residents and $230 for those residing outside of the United States.
Runners can qualify for an entry into the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon through several guaranteed entry opportunities.
- Time qualifiers who have met the events age graded qualifying standards or qualify for the events American Development Program.
- Legacy finishers who have completed the Chicago Marathon five or more times within the last 10 years.
- Runners who cancelled their 2018 entry.
- Charity runners who are fundraising for an official charity as part of the Chicago Marathon Charity Program.
- International runners (non-U.S.) participating in the International Tour Group Program.
- Runners who have completed the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K four or more times since 2000 and have signed up for the 2019 Shamrock Shuffle.
Runners who do not qualify for a guaranteed entry can apply for the non-guaranteed entry drawing. The event will select names from the full pool of non-guaranteed entry applicants and notify runners of their selection status on Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Additional details about the 2019 application are available at chicagomarathon.com.