Today the Bank of America Chicago Marathon announced that it will start accepting runner applications for the 2018 event on Tuesday, October 24 at chicagomarathon.com.
“The Bank of America Chicago Marathon continues to be one of most prestigious marathons in the world. We are proud of our history as a race that welcomes runners – from the debut runner to the charity runner to the world class elite – to our beautiful city,” said Bank of America Chicago Marathon Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski. “After celebrating 40 years with more than 43,000 runners crossing the finish line in Grant Park, we are excited to ring in 41 years in 2018.”
Registration will be conducted through a system of guaranteed entry options (starting October 24) as well as through a non-guaranteed entry drawing. Individuals unable to meet the criteria for a guaranteed entry may apply through the non-guaranteed entry drawing that will open on Tuesday, October 31. Runners will have until Thursday, November 30 to apply for either a guaranteed or non-guaranteed entry. The cost of an entry is $195 for United States residents and $220 for those residing outside of the United States.
Runners can qualify for an entry into the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon through several guaranteed entry opportunities.
- Time qualifiers who have met the event’s age graded qualifying standards or qualify for the event’s American Development Program.
- Legacy finishers who have completed the Chicago Marathon five or more times within the last 10 years.
- Runners who cancelled their 2017 entry through the event deferment opportunity.
- Charity runners who are fundraising for an official charity as part of the ChicagoMarathon Charity Program.
- International runners (non-U.S.) participating in the official International Tour Group Program.
- Runners who have completed the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K four or more times since 2008 and have signed up for the 2018 Shamrock Shuffle.
Runners who do not qualify for a guaranteed entry can apply for the non-guaranteed entry drawing. The event will select names from the full pool of non-guaranteed entry applicants and notify runners of their selection status on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
All registration details are listed at chicagomarathon.com.