Photo by Emily Stone
CHICAGO – Today the Bank of America Chicago Marathon announced that runner applications will be accepted for the 2016 event beginning Tuesday, March 8, by visiting chicagomarathon.com. Registration will be conducted through a system of guaranteed entry options as well as through a non-guaranteed entry drawing. The 39th annual race will take place on Sunday, October 9 in scenic Grant Park.
Individuals unable to meet the criteria for guaranteed entry may apply through the non-guaranteed entry drawing which will open on Tuesday, March 15. Runners will have until Tuesday, April 12, to apply for either a guaranteed and non-guaranteed entry. The cost of an entry is $185 for United States residents and $210 for those residing outside of the United States.
“The Bank of America Chicago Marathon attracts runners from across the United States and around the world to run the iconic streets of our city,” said Carey Pinkowski, executive race director. “With 37,459 runners crossing the finish line of the 2015 event, we anticipate once again welcoming a large contingency of runners – both first-timers and marathon veterans – to Chicago in October. The 2016 Chicago Marathon will be here before we know it!”
Five options are available for guaranteed entry into the 2016 Bank of America Chicago Marathon:
- Legacy finishers who have completed the Chicago Marathon five or more times within the last 10 years.
- Time qualifiers who have, since January 1, 2014, run a sub-3:15:00 marathon (men) or a sub-3:45:00 marathon (women).
- Running with an official Chicago Marathon charity (more than 140 nonprofit organizations are affiliated with the event).
- Participation via an official Chicago Marathon tour partner.
- Deferment from the 2015 race.
Runners who do not qualify for a guaranteed entry can apply for the non-guaranteed entry drawing. The event will randomly select names from the full pool of non-guaranteed entry applicants, and notify runners of their selection status on Thursday, April 21.
All registration details are listed at chicagomarathon.com.